Roosevelt Elementary School
One of the oldest schools in the district, Roosevelt Elementary School was built with the district original mission in mind: build the schools within walking distance of where the students live, and they will come. Roosevelt is located near sleepy oak and maple trees on Athens Ave., just south of Madison Ave. For information on curriculum, be sure to call or visit the web address provided.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9 - 3:05pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Street level access
- Number of students: 300
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 22
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students are involved in the community. We hear parents talk about what they do, whether it's Boy Scouts or their involvement with the Beck Center for the Arts ... And we think everyone tries to engage kids the best they can.
- What makes this community special?: I don't live here, but what impresses me the most is how the community and the schools work together. The way the parents support the schools is unheard of.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities