Lakewood Earth and Food Community
Lakewood Earth and Food Community is an organization dedicated to promoting and developing a more sustainable, healthful and environmentally sound community by educating community members about local foods and other goods and responsible behavior and actions. It hosts a number of programs and activities, including a community garden in Lakewood's Historic Bird Town, CSA programs, wholesaling of local and organic food items to vendors and the annual Harvest Festival. It also hosts LEAF Night in collaboration with the Lakewood Public Library. This is a weekly celebration of local food with farmers and vendors selling their goods as well as local musicians providing entertainment.
- Hours: LEAF Night: Thu, 5:30pm - 8pm (June - October)
- Scope: Local
- Type: Environment, Literacy/education
- Food & dining options: Natural, Organic
- General services: Prepared foods
- Months of operation: LEAF Night and community garden: June - October