Harding Middle School
Serving grade 6 through 8, the new Harding Middle School opened its doors for classes in August 2007. The building replaced the old school — but the school's commitment to the community remains unchanged. The school boasts a number of diverse classes, extracurricular activities and services that it provides to students.
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 2:38 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Handicap Accessible: Street level access
- Founding Date: 2006
- Number of students: 670
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 52
- How engaged is the school with the community?: I think we're very engaged with the community. We have a very open door here. Parents are very engaged with what we do here.
- What makes this community special?: I think it's the diversity of Lakewood that makes it so great. There really is this sort of amalgam that makes this city diverse and very accepting.
- Grade levels: 6 through 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, Athletics (seventh and eighth grade), Choir, Orchestra
- Sports teams: Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling