The old black and white photos on the wall indicate that the Five O'Clock Lounge's long history in the Lakewood area dates back to at least the 1950's. Its motto is "a real bar for real people" and the phrase holds true according to one bartender, who says that the Five O'Clock is a place where everyone fits in. Mostly though, the rock 'n roll crowd will almost certianly find themselves at home in this bar where flourecent guitars dot the walls. Cozy seating is found throughout the entire bar area and seems to make many patrons feel right at home, and on the weekends a DJ specializes in old punk music. Leather pants and chains have been seen here on the weekends.
One of the beers featured here is Pabst Blue Ribbon, served on tap, in a bottle or in a can. Happy hour is available on week day nights while Wednesdays give the ladies special drink prices. A jukebox and arcade machines are located right in the back for those with short attention spans.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 2pm - 2:30am; Sun. 8pm - 2:30am
- Handicap Accessible: Ground level
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1941
- ATM: Yes
- Drink minimum: 1
- Dress code: LL
- Features: DJs, Happy hour, Live music
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Bar type: Dive Bar, Live Music, Lounge
- Bar Features: Big-screen TVs, Jukebox
- Beer Types: Craft, Domestic, Imported