Brown Pleasance Florists
Don Brown first opened Brown Pleasance Florists in 1931. In the 1940s, one of Brown's drivers became a designer at the store. That designer was current owner Kathy Jakubs' father, and she claims that the florist has been in the family ever since. Brown Pleasance carries FTD products along with orchids, planters, balloons, decorative vases and an array of plants. The store specializes in funeral arrangements, wedding arrangements and everyday arrangements. In addition to normal payment methods, the florist also accepts Carte Blance and in-house accounts. According to Jakubs, Brown Pleasance is looking into offering classes in the future.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5:30pm; Sat, 8:30am - 5pm; Sunday, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp located near the entrance, as well as enough room in the store to maneuver a wheelchair.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: Jakubs likes the diversity of the people in the community, stating that Lakewood has "a little bit of everything."
- Phone orders: Yes
- Online orders: Yes