Here are some of the events and happenings around town this
week that you might not want to miss.
- Nature’s Bin Raise the Roof Ceremony: Join Cornucopia and Nature’s Bin on Friday, Sept. 20 from 6:30 – 10 p.m., for “Raise the Roof,” a fundraising event celebrating the grand opening of its new vocational training center (VTC) located down the street from Nature’s Bin in Lakewood. Live music, hor d’oeuvres and appetizers from Nature Bin’s Catering, along with local hand-crafted beer from Buckeye Beer Engine and organic wines from Natural State Wines and more. Located at 18228 Sloane Avenue, Lakewood. Cost is $100 per person. Pre-order tickets online,
- Volunteer for Ingenuity Fest: Ingenuity Cleveland is currently recruiting volunteers for IngenuityFest slated for Sept. 20 through 22. The Festival’s organizers are looking for volunteers to assist with many tasks, such as greeting visitors, passing out programs, assisting artists, setting up before the event, selling merchandise, collecting surveys and more. Shifts are three to four hours long. To find out more information on volunteering, visit the website.
- Write your name in Arabic calligraphy: After learning to write your own name in Arabic, each participant of a special class at Lakewood Public Library can create his/her own beautifully embellished personalized nameplate. The event is open to students through 12th grade. Participants will be using permanent markers, so dress appropriately. To register, stop in or call the library at (216) 226-8275 ext. 140.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Honored: On Sept. 16, Lakewood City Council is slated to honor the Cliffs Natural Resources for its volunteer efforts in the city. More than 120 volunteers from Cleveland-based Cliffs Natural Resources helped out in Lakewood on June 21 as part of a collaborative day of service with LakewoodAlive.
- Lakewood High School Marching Band Invitational Festival: A night of music will fill the skies at First Federal Lakewood Stadium with the sounds of seven northeast Ohio high school marching bands for the 27th annual Lakewood High School Marching Band Invitational Festival. The event is slated for 7 p.m. Saturday.