Lakewood is an active place with plenty to do. Here are a few of the events happening around town this week.
By the way, we plucked these straight from the Lakewood Patch events calendar. Want to get featured here? Post your events, and share them with the community.
- Annual Scramble for Lakewood Golf Outing: Join the fun at the 2013 Annual Scramble for Lakewood Golf Outing at Red Tail Golf Club in Avon. The annual event — fostering "camaraderie and promoting networking with members of the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, and Pillars of Lakewood — takes place 11:30 a.m. Monday.
- LEAF Presents: Fermentation Demo with Wake Robin Fermented Foods: Join the Lakewood Earth & Food (LEAF) Community for an educational session on fermentation with Molly Murray of Wake Robin Fermented Foods. The demo will take place on Wednesday, August 14th at 7 p.m. in the Engine Room (downstairs) of the Buckeye Beer Engine.
- Dine & Donate to Benefit LCAC at Quaker Steak & Lube: Quaker Steak & Lube will donate a portion of all food sales to benefit Lakewood Charitable Assistance Corp (LCAC) at 11 a.m. Thursday. LCAC is a non-profit organization dedicated to feeding Lakewood families and seniors in need.
- Rain Barrel Workshop - Build Your Own Rain Barrel: Learn how to harvest rainwater for all your garden needs and to combat storm water pollution in your community by constructing a rain barrel! The City of Lakewood and Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District will host a rain barrel workshop for residents on Thursday, August 15, 2013 beginning at 6:30 PM in the Woman’s Club Pavilion at Lakewood Park
- Lakewood Chamber of Commerce: 57th Annual New Teachers Luncheon: Join the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce for its long-standing tradition of welcoming the new public and private school teachers to our community, at Garfield Middle School at 11:30 a.m. Friday.