St. Edward High School, known as a powerhouse in the field and in the gym, hosted a special ceremony to mark the future careers of 16 of those student athletes.
On National Signing Day — the annual occasion when students across the country officially announce their colleges of choice — it was a special day at St. Eds’ Kahl Student Center.
James Kubacki, the president of St. Edward High School, said he’s proud of the student-athletes. He stayed during and after the ceremony to talk with students and their families.
“We try to turn out well-rounded young men, who utilize their gifts on a number of levels," said Kubacki. "It’s always fun to see young men do well in athletics and move on to the college level and we wish them the best of luck.”
Here’s the list of students, their sport, and the school they chose:
- Kenny Butler, Notre Dame College
- Steve Clark, Siena Heights
- Ryan Davis, Gannon University
- Ryan Fallon, Lake Erie College
- Lavonte Robinson, Eastern Michigan University
- Solomon Warfield, University of Iowa
- Anthony Young, Indiana University
Track & Field
- Mike Navratil, Ashland University
- Aaron Zedella, Ohio State University
- Domenic Abounader, University of Michigan
- Edgar Bright, University of Pittsburgh
- Colin Heffernan, Central Michigan University
- Dean Heil, Oklahoma State University
- Markus Scheidel, Columbia University
- Kevin Murray, University of Pittsburgh
- Zach Macaluso, Walsh University