The city of Lakewood is beginning its “structured rollout” of the new refuse and recycling program, in the first of three phases.
And the new, large blue recycling bins could be coming to a street near you.
In an effort to streamline waste collection — and save money in the long run — city officials are distributing plastic recycling containers to residents for recycling.
The plan would be implemented in phases.
Here are the first streets getting the new bins:
- Monday: Abbieshire, Cliffdale, Edanola, Edgewater, Erie Cliff, Forest and West Forest north of Clifton, Forest Cliff, Granger, Kenilworth, Kenneth Drive and Kenneth Lane, Lake Avenue, Lake Road north of Clifton, Lake Pointe, Lakeland, Larchmont, Leedale, Maile, Mathews, Maple Cliff, McKinley, Owego, Park Row, Phelps, Riverside north of Detroit, Rosalie, Sloane, Summit, Sylvan, West Clifton Boulevard and West Clifton Road.
- Tuesday: Brockley, Cranford, Hall, Northland, Orchard Grove, Wagar, Westlake and Woodward avenues.
- Wednesday: Andrews, Arthur north of Madison, Cook, French, Gladys, Lakeland north of Madison, Mars north of Madison, Virginia north of Detroit, and Warren Road.
- Thursday: Baxterly, Brown, Bunts, Chase, Ferndale, Giel, Hathaway, Parkwood, Richland, and Wascana avenues.
- Friday: Beach, Cliff Drive, Cove, Edgewater Drive and Edgewater Lane, Estill, Homewood, Hopkins, Kirtland, Lake Avenue, Lakewood, Nicholson north of Lake, Parkside, Ridgewood, Roy, Wilbert and Winchester avenues.
Flyers started going home with students in the Lakewood City Schools this week.