Lots of sunshine and rain-free days have put the project to resurface a dozen Lakewood streets ahead of schedule.
Instead of a mid-July finish, the crews could be finished by mid-June.
“The weather has been our friend, and I think the contractors are raring to go,” said Lakewood Mayor Michael Summers.
Earlier this year, Shelly Company was for $1.1 million.
Officials have said the project is moving right along.
“They’re moving fast,” said Colleen Gillespie, administrative assistant for the , adding that the department has been getting its share of compliments from residents.
Here’s the breakdown of the city streets getting some fresh pavement this summer.
- Adeline Avenue
- Atkins Avenue: from Hilliard to Madison avenues.
- Brockley Avenue: from Detroit Avenue to Clifton Boulevard.
- Hilda Avenue
- Hird Avenue: from Clifton Boulevard to Lake Avenue.
- Lauderdale Avenue: from Madison to Detroit avenues.
- McKinley Avenue: from Hilliard to Madison avenues.
- Northland Avenue: from Marginal to Hilliard avenues.
- Wyandotte Avenue: from Franklin to Detroit avenues.
- Lakeland Road: from Delaware to Madison avenues.
- Waterbury Road: from Madison to Franklin avenues.
- Whippoorwill Avenue.
Also in road construction news, the $1.3 million water-main replacements are set to begin in June, and last for an estimated 120 days.