The Lakewood Bike Rodeo, a safety program for kids, will be held Saturday, June 9, 2012, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Madison Park.
The Rodeo program will take kids through a series of activity stations that cover many bike related-topics that will be beneficial for sidewalk or road riding. The Bike Shop activity station will teach your kids about the mechanics of their bike and check that everything is in good working condition. Even sidewalk riders will benefit from activities such as the Rock Dodge, Who’s There, Demon Driveway, Crazy Crossroads, and Slow Race that will go over traffic rules, reaction to hazards, and maintaining control.
The Lakewood Bike Rodeo targets Lakewood residents ages 11 and under, but there is something for everyone at this FREE event. Additional reasons to come to the Rodeo:
- Get a bike license free of charge.
- Get a Child Identification Card. If your child were to be missing this is the must-have document that you can give to the police immediately to help search efforts.
- Get a kid’s helmet for only $5. Various kids’ sizes will be available while supplies last.
- Activities for ages six and under provided by City of Lakewood Family Room.
- Bike and Helmet Raffle. We will be raffling off four new bikes. Winner must be present.
- Interact with and get to know your local policemen in a casual and fun environment.
- After the Rodeo, catch a swim at the Becks Pool at Madison Park.
All rodeo participants should be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older and must wear a helmet. Every child that finishes the rodeo will be entered into a bike giveaway raffle.