There were several police chases in Lakewood in 2012. We thought we'd share a few of them.
- March 13: Two men were arrested for a host of charges — including drug charges — after a police chase around Lakewood on March 13.
- March 20: A 20-year-old Lakewood man led Lakewood police on a high-speed 5-mile chase through the western suburbs in March. He was found guilty of fleeing and eluding several months later.
- April 2: After a 30-minute search for a man who bailed from a Lakewood traffic stop, officers caught up with a 53-year-old man accused of running from the police.
- June 25: Two men were arrested and charged with grand theft auto after a chase that started in Cleveland and ended on Newman Avenue at around 3 a.m. June 25. The men bailed from a traffic stop, but officers from the Lakewood Police Department tracked them down.
- July 10: This 2004 Porsche was reduced to a pile of twisted metal after it cuts through trees and landed 100 feet from where it went airborne near the Commodore Club Apartments in July. The passenger, who owned the car, was hospitalized for months. The driver, Thomas Smith, 24, of Fairview Park, faces a host of charges, including aggravated vehicular assault. His case is pending in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.