As the year ends, we're taking a look at some of the most-read local stories on Ohio’s Patch sites in 2012.
The stories above are the ones that readers read and responded to the most. They had long discussions in the comments and shared them on Facebook and Twitter. Many of the stories are of loss in our Patch communities, but others, like the video of the Navy dad's homecoming on Fairlawn-Bath Patch or the story of an employee who gave his boss a kidney on Cleveland Heights Patch, inspire hope.
Click through the gallery above for a brief look at some of the most-read local Patch stories of 2012 or click on the headlines below for the full stories.
- Lakewood Patch:
- Cleveland Heights Patch: Marcus Thomas Staffer Becomes Kidney Donor For His Coworker
- Shaker Heights Patch: Shaker Heights Man Killed in Crash
- Beachwood Patch: Cleveland RTA Bus Driver Hits Female Passenger: Video Taken in Beachwood
- Cuyahoga Falls Patch: Bolich Middle School Students Protest Emily Deyoung Bullying Incident
- Kent Patch:
- Mayfield-Hillcrest Patch: Police Searching for Missing Mayfield Heights Man
- Mentor Patch:
- Strongsville Patch: Investigation of SHS Basketball Program Launched after Complaints from Parents
- Westlake Patch: Book-Burning By Radio Show Host Alan Cox Draws Crowd
- Avon-Avon Lake Patch: 9-Year-Old Avon Lake Boy Struck By Car
- Brecksville Patch: High School Student Finds Strength to Come Out as Transsexual
- Fairlawn-Bath Patch: Watch: Navy Dad Surprises Daughter at Copley Middle School
- Stow Patch: Ohio Boy's Death Sparks Nationwide Porch Light Vigil
- Twinsburg Patch: UPDATE: Twinsburg Student Found Dead This Morning
- Solon Patch: Skeleton Found Near Cedar Point May Be Missing Solon Man Charles Kaplan
- North Canton Patch: WATCH: Water Balloon Fight Soaks Whole Neighborhood