Want to get involved at Beck Center for the Arts? This fall
is perfect. There are plenty of activities and events slated.
Here are five of ‘em.
- Enroll for the Fall Semester: Summer is winding down, the new school year begins later this month, and Beck Center is ready for the fall routines. With nearly 200 classes, lessons and programs to choose from — beginning Sept. 11 — creative fun can be added to the plans. Register online, or call Customer Service at 216-521-2540 ext. 10. Click here to view the full catalog. Don’t forget about the Fall Sessions at Beck Tremont.
- “She Loves Me” Opens its 80th season: Beck Center for the Arts is pleased to present the award-winning musical She Loves Me, from Sept. 20 through Oct. 20 on the Mackey Main Stage. Show times are 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays. Tickets are on sale now — buy early and save. Purchase an adult/senior ticket by Sept. 19 and save $5.
- Summer ballet samplers: The dance faculty is inviting dance students to get a jump on the fall semester by taking part in the four-week Summer Ballet Samplers, on Thursdays from Aug. 15 through Sept. 5. Take individual classes for $15 each or all four for only $50. Click here for details and registration.
- Youth theater celebrates big milestone: Considered to be the longest continuously running youth theater program in the country, Beck Center's Youth Theater program will begin its milestone 65th anniversary season this fall. The theater program began as "Lakewood Little Theatre School" in 1948, followed by "Teen Theater" in 1962 to accommodate the needs of the older student who wished to remain in the program. Today, more than 400 theater students ages 3 to 18 fill our classrooms throughout the year.
- Merrily We Roll Along — In Concert: Beck Center will present a special in-concert reading of Merrily We Roll Along, co-produced by The Musical Theater Project and Baldwin Wallace University on the Mackey Main Stage. Show times are 8 p.m. Sept. 7 and 3 p.m. Sept. 8. Tickets are on sale now.