Invite a friend
Lakewood Public Cinema: Harold and Maude (1971) Directed by Hal Ashby Rated PG
Young, bored and obsessed with death, Harold meets Maude while crashing a funeral. She’s closing in on eighty, but doing so with the rebellion of a teenager and a hard-won optimism that is intoxicating to a boy without hope. They fall in love, of course. It doesn’t make sense, but it does. In the same way, dark comedy and loving sentiment should not mix, but they do. This strange, little film will leave you cheering, even as you mourn.
More About Lakewood Public Library
Lakewood Public Library is a mid-sized public library that serves the City's 56,646 (2000 population per U.S. bureau of the Census) residents at the Main Library and the Madison Branch. Both locations provide an assortment of library services to adults and children. The library has a large and diverse collection of books, movies, music and audiobooks, as well as computer access.
Other events here
- Introduction to Ancestry.com Library Edition March 20, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / August 7, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Lakewood Historical Society: Cleveland’s Westside Market: 100 Years and Still Cooking Today, May 22, 7:00 pm
- Summer Reading Club Daily,
- Playhouse: 2013-2014 Season Preview Party Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Meet the Author: My Sicily: Life in the Cusp of the Mediterranean Sea By Francesca V. Mignosa Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Lakewood Art House Cinema Cinema Paradiso (1988) Directed by Giuseppe Tornatore Rated R Sat, May 25, 6:00 pm
- Author Book Signing Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Taste of Judaism: A Three-Part Class for People of All Faiths June 3, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Tail Waggin’ Tutors June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Otaku Cafe Weekly on Mondays, 3:30 pm–4:30 pm