Invite a friend
Lakewood Historical Society Meet the Author: Out and About with Winsor French by Jim Wood
The uncloseted Winsor French was one of the most faithfully read columnists in the history of Cleveland journalism. For more than forty years he covered the jazz beat and cafe society of the 1920s and 1930s and the local "Jolly Set" of the postwar years. Jim Wood, author of Out and About with Winsor French, will discuss the fabulous personal and public persona of this groundbreaking newspaperman. Books will be available for sale and signing at the event.
More About Lakewood Public Library
Lakewood Public Library is a mid-sized public library that serves the City's 56,646 (2000 population per U.S. bureau of the Census) residents at the Main Library and the Madison Branch. Both locations provide an assortment of library services to adults and children. The library has a large and diverse collection of books, movies, music and audiobooks, as well as computer access.
Other events here
- Sunday with the Friends: Northcoast Jazz Collective Today, May 19, 2:00 pm
- Summer Reading Club Daily,
- Knit and Lit March 19, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / August 20, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Introduction to Ancestry.com Library Edition March 20, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / August 7, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Lakewood Historical Society: Cleveland’s Westside Market: 100 Years and Still Cooking Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm
- Playhouse: 2013-2014 Season Preview Party Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Meet the Author: My Sicily: Life in the Cusp of the Mediterranean Sea By Francesca V. Mignosa Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Lakewood Art House Cinema Cinema Paradiso (1988) Directed by Giuseppe Tornatore Rated R Sat, May 25, 6:00 pm
- Author Book Signing Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Taste of Judaism: A Three-Part Class for People of All Faiths June 3, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 6:00 pm