Invite a friend
Hitchcock Comes to Hollywood: Rebecca (1940)
Hitchcock’s first Hollywood project was an adaptation of Daphne DuMaurier’s novel. Beautiful young Joan Fontaine marries English nobleman Laurence Olivier but lives in the shadow of his first wife who died under mysterious circumstances. She arrives at Manderley looking forward to a life of wedded bliss but instead comes under the scrutiny of sinister housekeeper Mrs. Danvers. Selznick got his Oscar, but Hitch was denied Best Director.
More About Lakewood Public Library
Lakewood Public Library is a mid-sized public library that serves the City's 56,646 (2000 population per U.S. bureau of the Census) residents at the Main Library and the Madison Branch. Both locations provide an assortment of library services to adults and children. The library has a large and diverse collection of books, movies, music and audiobooks, as well as computer access.
Other events here
- Summer Reading Club Daily,
- Meet the Author: My Sicily: Life in the Cusp of the Mediterranean Sea By Francesca V. Mignosa Tomorrow, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Playhouse: 2013-2014 Season Preview Party Tomorrow, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Lakewood Art House Cinema Cinema Paradiso (1988) Directed by Giuseppe Tornatore Rated R Sat, May 25, 6:00 pm
- Author Book Signing Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Taste of Judaism: A Three-Part Class for People of All Faiths June 3, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Tail Waggin’ Tutors June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Otaku Cafe Weekly on Mondays, 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- BOOKED FOR MURDER: Queens of Crime March 14, 2013 / April 11, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / July 11, 2013 / August 8, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Jungle Safari Puppet Show Fri, Jun 14, 3:00 pm