Invite a friend
Civil War 150: Meet the Author of Behind Bayonets: The Civil War in Ohio
Local historian David Van Tassel passed away before he could complete this definitive work on the Civil War’s impact on Ohio. Building on his research, author John Vacha finished this absorbing book filled with firsthand accounts from the Buckeyes who were there. Books will be available for sale and signing at the event.
More About Lakewood Public Library
Lakewood Public Library is a mid-sized public library that serves the City's 56,646 (2000 population per U.S. bureau of the Census) residents at the Main Library and the Madison Branch. Both locations provide an assortment of library services to adults and children. The library has a large and diverse collection of books, movies, music and audiobooks, as well as computer access.
Other events here
- Knit and Lit March 19, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / August 20, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Summer Reading Club Daily,
- Introduction to Ancestry.com Library Edition March 20, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / August 7, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Lakewood Historical Society: Cleveland’s Westside Market: 100 Years and Still Cooking Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm
- Meet the Author: My Sicily: Life in the Cusp of the Mediterranean Sea By Francesca V. Mignosa Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Playhouse: 2013-2014 Season Preview Party Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Lakewood Art House Cinema Cinema Paradiso (1988) Directed by Giuseppe Tornatore Rated R Sat, May 25, 6:00 pm
- Author Book Signing Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Taste of Judaism: A Three-Part Class for People of All Faiths June 3, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Tail Waggin’ Tutors June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 11:00 am–12:30 pm