Making sure to put just the right presents under the tree for kids can be a trick even for Santa.
If you’re hoping to find out what’s hot before you head out to shop, we’ve put together a few suggestions.
Retailers themselves are generally the best judges of what’s in.
Here's what they're saying.
Tamara Racin, the owner of Paisley Monkey, arguably one of the coolest stores in the city, said she's got a few items on the shelves that are hot this holiday season.
The store takes great pride that many of the toys are environmentally friendly and made in the USA.
"You won't find Hasbro or Mattel here," she said.
This Christmas season, the store is featuring some new products from the popular Green Toys collection.
The toys are made from recycled milk jugs, and they're flying off the shelves.
"Everybody right now is into buying US-made products," Racin added.
Here are the top sellers at Paisley Monkey:
- Green Toys: Biplane, Submarine, Tugboat, Dump Truck and School Bus
- Spam Puzzles, Racin said they make great stocking stuffers
- Arlo Needs Glasses, an interactive book by Barney Saltzberg
If you've got to leave Lakewood to buy some toys, here are some of the other hot items of the season.
Toys ‘R’ Us
This retailer has a Top 15 list of toys for boys and girls. Some of its suggestions include:
- Doc McStuffins Time for Your Checkup doll
- Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Star Doll
- LeapPad2 Explorer
- Wii U
- Hot Wheels R/C Terrain Twister
To see the full list, visit Toys ‘R’ Us online.
This store agrees with Toys ‘R’ Us on a few counts, but has its own suggestions, as well. They include:
- Easy Bake Ultimate Oven
- Disney Bounce Bounce Tigger
- Beyblade Destroyer Dome Set
- LEGO Super Heroes Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
- NERF N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire Blaster
To see the full list of suggestions, visit Target online.
This online retailer has a number of suggestions on its “hot” list. It also includes some suggestions for pre-teens and teens. Just Dance 4 anyone?
To see all of Amazon’s hot toy suggestions, visit the store online.
What toys are in demand in your house this season? Share your suggestions in the comments section.