1. Dogs of all kinds will make a splash tonight for the Friends of Lakewood Dog Park's Pool Plunge at Foster Pool at Lakewood Park at 5:30 p.m. The cost is $5 per dog or 8 bucks for two dogs — all proceeds will benefit the FLDP for maintenance and improvements to the Lakewood Dog Park. Come dressed to get wet and bring some towels. Please print and sign this waiver and bring to the event.
2. This Thursday at 5:30 p.m., an Ohio Historical Marker will be placed at Lakewood Park to commemorate the history of the recreational landscape. A small reception will immediately follow the dedication. The public is invited to both events at the lakefront park.
3. The 24th annual Lakewood Community Festival is set for this Saturday, Sept. 10 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Madison Park. The festival celebrates community and diversity, and features a host of fun activities and events. Entertainment for the day will include Edelweiss 5, The Polka Pirates, The Pop Tarts, Riley Brothers Band and more.
4. The Indians lost 4-2 last night to the Detroit Tigers, which puts the Tribe seven and a half games back in the American League Central pennant race. And with only a few weeks to go in the regular season, the Indians will have to rally to close the gap between them and the first place Tigers. Cleveland will face off against Detroit tonight at home in an attempt to narrow the margin. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m.
5. The summer months have all but passed, and the temperatures are already beginning to slip. Today’s 70 degree high will be accompanied by wind, overcast skies, a 10 percent chance of precipitation and a low of 60 degrees. The first day of autumn is Saturday, Sept. 24.