Signing Day: Big Week for Lakewood Athletics
Several high school athletes furthered their careers on national signing day. Here are a few.
Last Wednesday was the final day for high school athletes across the country to sign their letters of intent for fall sports, and several Lakewood athletes joined in on the action:
- Lakewood High School senior Nick Jackosky will continue his cross country career this fall with the Iowa State Cyclones, according to Lakewood City Schools' website.
- Ranger quarterback Aturo Morgan signed with Division II Lake Erie College, the school announced.
- In a much-publicized reversal, St. Edward High School senior offensive lineman Kyle Kalis officially committed to the University of Michigan over Ohio State University. Here's the initial story in USA Today from July.
- Kalis' teammate Sam Grant, a tight end, committed to the University of Oklahoma Monday, according to ESPN.
- Brandon Jackson, another Eagle offensive lineman, signed with West Virginia University, according to The Smoking Musket.
- Overall, St. Edward had eight students sign on with Division I football programs, Max Preps reports.
Do you know of any other Lakewood athletes continuing their careers at the collegiate level? Let us know the good news in the comments!