Patchers React to Sale of Sullivan's Irish Pub
Lakewood Patch readers have a few ideas on what should replace the defunct Irish pub.
Bad news is, it appears George doesn't have plans to reopen or convert the space into something new; rather, he's shown interest in reselling the property to someone else.
When hearing of the update Tuesday, readers took to Patch's Facebook page and comment board to offer their opinions.
Here's what they had to say:
- Ryan Reardon - Reinvent the place, keep the authentic Irish feel but bring in a newer menu alongside the traditional foods....and don't overprice your beer! Its pretty much turnkey with a nice patio and could be lucrative if managed correctly.
- Michael Lambert - Since the Irish are not really known for their food (no offense to Claddaugh's), maybe they should change it into an Italian restaurant and wine bar. We have plenty of traditional bars in Lakewood.
- Denny Petkovsek - I don't know about Italian, there's enough of them around, including Players, right down the street. I say go traditional Slovenian and/or Hungarian...
- Ellen Gardner Cormier - Maybe Sokolowski's could expand out of Tremont.
- Amanda Gunnels - Please don't sell or rent this building to a big box restaurant... would love to see the MAMA District remain local. Add to places like That's Nuts, The Good Goat, Coffee Pot, Tarrymore Inn, etc. Great variety, and unique spots to visit.
What do you think? Keep the conversation going in the comments section below.