The McDonald’s on Sloane Avenue has closed it doors.
And the new restaurant on Detroit Avenue — on the land of the former Detroit Theatre — is ahead of schedule, just weeks away from its grand opening.
Mike Lewis, the construction project manager for McDonald’s, recently told Lakewood Patch that he hoped to open the fast-food restaurant by Halloween.
But it looks like the project will finish almost a month ahead of schedule.
Signs posted around the abandoned building on Sloane Avenue note that the new McDonald’s will open at 11 a.m. Oct. 3. That property will be the future home of an expanded Nature's Bin.
Dozens of workers buzzed around the construction site this week, pouring and smoothing out the new concrete around the property.
McDonald’s does not own the land of the former Detroit Theatre, but rather has signed a 20-year lease with options for additional years — as many as 30 years.
The same franchise as the Sloane Avenue location will run the new restaurant.
See More on Patch
- Taco Bell Eyes Major Facelift on Detroit Avenue
- Happy Dog Owner Opening Up Shop on Detroit Avenue; Lakewood Schools Construction Plans; and Hens Could be Coming to Lakewood
- Neighbors Speak Out Against 'Phase 2' of Clifton Pointe Development
- Sullivan’s Property Has a New Owner
- Week in Review: YMCA Eyes Second Location; Sweetwater Landing Closing; and Heideloff Rehearing Denied